70 educators from across the country are participating!
Your students are the judges and using actual EJK Award protocol based criteria, they pick their own Mock EJK Award winning books!!
• 30 minute Documentary
• Compelling History of Diversity in Children’s Literature
• In-depth Discussion Guide for a Classroom or Group
Virtual and In-Person learning tools
• Book Discussion Guides use EJK Award books for pizzazz
• Mock EJK Award promotes engaged reading
• Read Aloud Guide new tips for old pros
• Keats Author Study tools to inspire kids with EJK classics
NYC EJK Bookmaking Competition
The Competition has inspired thousands of students to take pride in their reading and writing by showing them they can actually enjoy improving their literacy skills.
2023 EJK Awards Announced
Writer Winner: Kari Percival
Illustrator Winner: Doug Salati
Writer Honors: Pauline David-Sax & Juliana Perdomo
Illustrator Honors: Chioma Ebinama & Zahra Marwan
The Snowy Day
EJK Bookmaking Competition
Make reading, writing and illustrating fun for your students. For public schools (grades 3–12)
Listen - Play - Create
Games and Read alouds!
Ezra Jack Keats changed children’s literature with the success of his groundbreaking book, The Snowy Day, in 1962. He believed all children should be able to see themselves in books they love.
Read More about Ezra Jack Keats